The CBT Software- Author module is used to input questions into the exam database. Later the exam database is imported into the CBT Software- Exam Engine and used by the instructor to administrate the exam. The Author module is free to download and use.
Help for important features of the Author module of the CBT Software are given below:
1. Configure Author to use own MySQL database : This feature can be used to configure author module to use your own MySQL database. It is available only in Enterprise version of the software.
2. Register As Administrator : To use the Author module one administrator has to be created.
3. Login : Author module can be used by logging in as Administrator or Author.
4. Exam Options
1. Add New Exam : This feature is used to create a new exam database for entering the question.
2. Edit/Delete Exam : This feature is used to edit exam details like exam name, number of author name.
4.1 Add/ Edit/ Delete Categories :This feature is used to enter various categories (topics) covered in exam. Each question entered in database must belong to one category (topic).
4.2 Add New/ Insert Questions :This feature is used to enter questions into the database.
4.3 Import Questions :This feature is used to bulk insert questions into the database using a excel file.
4.4 Export Questions :This feature is used to export questions to a excel file.
4.5 Edit/ Delete Questions :This feature is used to edit existing question or to delete questions from database.
4.6 Delete Duplicate Questions :This feature is used to delete duplicate questions from database.
4.7. Review : This feature lists all the questions present in database. Author can select a question from the list to for Editing or Deleting.
4.8. Preview : This feature allows author to view the questions entered in the database.
4.9 Exam Configuration : This feature allows author to set exam parameters.
5. Create Test Modules : This option is used to create Test Modules or sub tests from the main question database. This option is helpful to create multiple question sets from master question database.
6. Edit/Delete Test Modules : This option is used to edit/delete test modules.
7. Export Exam/Sub Test : This option can be used to export the created exam database to a known location which can later be imported and used in CBT Software- Exam Module
5. Author Options :
1. Add Author : This feature is used to create new authors. (Please note only administrator can add new authors)
2. Assign Exam to Author : This feature is used to assign authors to the exam. (Please note only administrator can assign authors)
6. Candidate Options :
1. Add Candidate : This feature can be used by the author(s) to create any number of candidates which can take the exam. Each candidate will have a separate login using his/her email id and password. Candidates will be able to view only their own test results.
2. Edit/Delete Candidate : This feature can be used by author(s) to edit candidate details or deleting candidates.
3. Import Candidates from Excel File : This feature can be used by author(s) to enter candidate details in bulk by using a excel file.
7. Group Options :
1. Add Groups : This feature can be used by the author(s) to create any number of groups or classes. This will help the exam instructor to arrange exam in batches.
2. Edit/Delete Groups : This feature can be used by author(s) to edit group details or deleting groups.
3. Assign Exams to Groups : This feature can be used by the author(s) to link a group to an exam so that all the candidates present in that group can take the assigned exam.
Copyright © Anand Software and Training Private Limited.