The Exam Engine works in conjunction with author
module. The author module enables inputting the required questions and answers by the author(s). The detailed help provides step-by-step procedure on using the author module and the test engine. The exam engine allows a candidate to take the test.
Help for important features of the
Exam Engine of the CBT Software are given below:
Exam Engine Options :
1. Test Module Operations : CBT Software-Exam Engine allows user to add any number of Test Modules (Database created using CBT Software-Author Module). Each Test Module is treated as a separate exam and can be used independently.
1.1 Adding Test Module (Local) : This section will provide a procedure to add a Test Module using a .auth file from local storage.
1.2. Adding Test Module
(URL): This section will provide a procedure to add a Test Module using a .auth file from a URL.
1.3. Removing Test Module : This option allows user to remove a Test Module in Exam Engine.
2. Exam :
2.1 Exam Configuration : This option allows you to configure the Test Module.
2.2 Exam Properties : This option allows you to view various properties for the Test Module.
: This option allows you to view previous exam results.
3. Logo Options :
3.1 Custom Logo : This option allows you to add your own logo to Exam Engine
3.2 Reset to Default Logo : This option allows you to reset the logo to default for Exam Engine.
Exam Options :
1. Login : CBT Software-Exam Engine allows candidate to take exam using a username, results for each username can be viewed independently.
2. Modes : CBT Software-Exam Engine allows candidate to use the Test Module in two modes
2.1 Learn Mode : Provides interactive learning environment where candidate can go through each question and view flash cards and correct answers for each question.
2.2 Exam Mode : Simulates actual exam environment in which candidate needs to answer exam created by instructor in a given time without any help from flash cards.
3. Exam Screen : This section will describe how exactly the questions will be presented to candidate and the options available to help him take exam.
4. Question Types Supported : This section will show how various supported question types are displayed to candidate.
5. Grade Screen : This section will describe how the performance of the candidate will be shown at end of the exam.
6. Save Results and Review Questions : At the end of each exam candidate is given an option to save the results, which can be reviewed later.
7. Customize Questions : This feature allows instructor to select specific categories (topics) for a exam. All the questions in the exam will appear only from selected categories.