3.3 Compare and contrast methods for securing mobile devices
1. A cable lock is the most inexpensive solution to secure a laptop from theft. A cable lock just works the same way a bicycle lock works. It physically secures the laptop to a table or any other solid object that cannot be moved easily.
2. Setting passcodes on mobile devices is the most basic security requirement for any mobile device to be allowed into a work environment. Passcodes require the user to enter a passphrase to unlock the device. Devices can also be configured to lock automatically after a configurable timeout period. (Typically, five minutes is ideal.)
3. Privacy screen or a privacy guard protects the sensitive information on your screen while also protecting the screen itself from scratches and damage. It is useful when travelling or in public place in preventing prying eyes from seeing what´s on your laptop screen. And it´s thin enough that it still allows your laptop to close and latch.
4. A remote wipe removes all device-based data like mail, calendar, and contacts from the device, but it may not delete data stored on the device's SD card. Use this feature when a device is lost or stolen to erase all data on the device and reset the device.
3.4 Compare and contrast hardware differences in regards to tablets and laptops
1. LCD screens require a backlight system to operate, there are two backlight systems in use today
CCFL - Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light, is an older backlight method, which utilizes a daylight specter fluorescent tube and an inverter which powers it.
LED - is a backlighting system which does not use an inverter, and instead of a fluorescent tube it uses a strip of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes).
So in essence there two types of laptop screens: LCD-CCFL and LCD-LED: these screens are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.
2. OLEDs do not require backlighting like LCDs. LCDs work by selectively blocking areas of the backlight to make the images that you see, while OLEDs generate light themselves. Because OLEDs do not require backlighting, they consume much less power than LCDs
3. Note that the external display is working properly and the problem is only with the internal laptop display. The most likely problem is with the inverter which powers the LCD display. Some times, an outline of an image can be viewed on a laptop screen, but it is very dim and the screen appears almost black. Such problems are almost always due to bad inverter and LCD.
4. Accelerometer measures acceleration (change of velocity) in a given direction. Mobile devices use accelerometer for screen orientation. Every modern Smartphone can change the orientation of the display based on the phone's rotation thanks to its accelerometer. Traditional accelerometers use a "seismic mass" attached to a spring encased in some sort of housing. As the device moves the mass moves on the spring and the device can measure the movement. Using multiple units a device can determine which way it turned based on which masses move.
5. Tablets normally use solid state drives. SSDs are rugged and occupy less space.
3.5 Execute and configure mobile device synchronization
If a user wishes to access his contact from his Android phone. Enable contact sync by setting up his email account on the phone to provide the most up to date contact information on the user's phone on a daily basis.
Copyright © Anand Software and Training Private Limited.