5.3 Given a scenario, demonstrate proper communication and professionalism
1. The following are the best practices that a computer technician should exercise:
Maintain a positive attitude
Listen and do not interrupt the customer
Be culturally sensitive
Be on time (if late contact the customer)
Avoid distractions like personal calls, taking co-workers, etc.
Avoid arguing with customers and/or being defensive
Follow-up with the customer about any installation or repair activity
Properly document any activity
2. If customer calls you because a solution that was earlier suggested by another technician did not appear to have solved the problem ask the customer to explain the problem. It is possible that you would be able to resolve the same without escalation. Decide if you need to escalate the issue after carefully reviewing the problem.
3. If a user calls to report that a notice pops up on their screen whenever they try to download video clips from a website. The notice says "The streaming media is limited to 60 minutes per day, please confirm". You have recently implemented a filter to allow only 60 min of streaming media per day per user computer. You need to maintain the professionalism when conversing with a user.
4. If a user reports that he had not heard from a help desk technician for the past two days, after the initial complaint was made assure the customer that the problem will be escalated, and would return the call at the earliest.
5. A PC may have multiple problems. Solving one problem doesn't mean that all the problems (or the main concern) has been solved. One needs to investigate and fix the problems that the user had reported. In the event of any difficulty in solving the problem, escalate the same to higher levels. Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it. You must be logged in as a user with administrator rights in order to run the sfc /scannow command.
5.4 Explain the fundamentals of dealing with prohibited content/activity
1. Chain of custody (CoC) refers to the chronological documentation or paper trail, showing the seizure, custody, control, transfer, analysis, and disposition of physic
2. If a user's PC has been confiscated for prohibited use before giving the PC to another department the technician needs to document change of custody
3. If you are attending to the maintenance of a clients computers and you notice that one of the systems have a lot of inappropriate content. You need to report the matter using proper channel first. Any inappropriate material should
Copyright © Anand Software and Training Private Limited.