1.11 Identify connector types and associated cables
1. High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connectors are used to connect compatible digital items (DVD players and conference room projectors, for example).HDMI theoretical cable length limit is 16 feet (5 meters).
2. If you want to receive TV signals on the HTPC (Home Theater PC), you will need a TV tuner card. These can be installed internally in a slot or they can be external units connected with the USB port. They also can be analog, digital, or both (although broadcast analog TV has been discontinued in the United States since 2009). If recording the TV content is required, the card must also be a video capture card.
3. In cases where it is desired to watch one stream of content while recording another stream, a card that has two tuners in it must be used. These are called combo tuners.
4. PATA (IDE)-- Parallel advanced technology attachment (originally called ATA and sometimes known as IDE or ATAPI) was the most dominant desktop computer storage interface from the late 1980s until recently, when the SATA interface took over. PATA hard drives are still being utilized today, especially in external hard drive boxes, but they're becoming rare. Some cheaper high-end server storage devices have also used PATA. Like SCSI, PATA has also gone through many revisions. The most recent version of PATA is UDMA/133 which supports a throughput of 133 MB/s.
1.12 Install and configure various peripheral devices
1. Key boards come with two types of connectors. They are:
DIN-5, DIN-5 has 5 pins and used with AT style keyboards.
Mini DIN-6, also known as PS/2 connector, has around port with 6 pins, one of which being a square pin used for alignment.
2. A USB hard disk usually requires lot of power, and it is recommended to use additional USB adapter or external power source to power the USB hard drive. In this case, because the USB hard drive is working on other computers, it is likely that the user’s USB is unable to provide sufficient power to the drive. It happens primarily if the USB port does not conform to the 2.0 standard. Upgrading the computer with USB 2.0 card will help him use the USB hard drive.
3. When installing a third party application, ensure that the following recommendations are fulfilled:
You have administrative rights to the computer
Get latest Windows updates
Disable any conflicting software; you can use MSCONFI utility to troubleshoot the problem in XP, Vista, or Windows 7.
Make sure your folder names don't contain strange characters
Additionally, if you are installing unsigned software, you will be prompted whether you are willing to go ahead with the installation. You must accept to the risks to complete the installation.
4. After installing a bar code reader, you need to scan in program codes to configure the reader
5. You can synchronize an iOS device with home computer using USB or Wi-Fi connectivity.
6. If the mechanical mouse pointer suddenly moving with irregular movement/sporadic movement the main reason is dirt. If dirt has entered the mouse, clean the dirt with IPA, or cotton wetted in soap water.
Copyright © Anand Software and Training Private Limited.